It means a lot to me that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Tammy at Mid-Life Milestones, a simple but wonderful blog about travel, health and life as one gets older. Thank you, Tammy!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-nomination award by bloggers for bloggers. Bloggers are nominated for this award for being ‘creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine in the blogging community’. Needless to say, it’s a great feeling to think that someone thinks I deserve this award!
My answers to Tammy’s questions
As part of the award, each nominator gets to ask their nominees a set of questions. Here are my answers to Tammy’s questions.
1. Why did you start blogging?
When my wife and I visited the Lakshadweep islands in early 2017, we didn’t find much useful information on the internet to help us plan. I decided to write a blog post on our experiences when we got back, so that other travellers could have more information to go on. Once I wrote that post, I couldn’t stop!
2. What is your favorite color and why?
I used to think that my favourite colour was black. I then shifted to red, at some point, and now I don’t think I really have a favourite. But I think my favourite combination is royal blue and mustard yellow. I’m not sure why, but probably because it feels both cheerful and rich the same time.
3. Is there a form of travel you prefer and why?
I love travelling by motorcycle, and do that at every opportunity. And if I can’t ride my own bike, I try and hire one. Of course, riding a bike everywhere isn’t always possible because of time or distance. But I wish it were!
4. Have you set goals for December and what are they?
Nope, no particular goals for December. Except maybe to get through the holiday season in one piece! But I have resolved to get a little more organized in my blogging, and start being a little more systematic about all the stuff besides content development that needs to be done.
5. What is your go-to for relaxing?
Nowadays, I just tend to sack out in front of the TV. But I used to read a lot, so I’m going to try and do more of that again.
6. Is there something specific you find challenging about blogging?
I tend to write long, detailed posts with lots of photographs. I’m also somewhat of a perfectionist as far as my writing goes. So writing and editing long posts regularly, and choosing and editing a whole lot of photographs, sometimes gets a bit exhausting.
7. Do you have a preferred social media platform? Which one and why?
8. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be and why?
I’ve got an old injury that I got years ago but didn’t take care of properly, and that stops me from being as active now as I would want to be. I guess I would wish that injury away, if I could!
9. What has been the best gift you have ever received?
I’ve been given so many thoughtful gifts from wonderful people over the years, it’s difficult to narrow it down. One that stands out for me, though, is my Mom buying me a lovely old violin when I was a kid. It was quite expensive, and had probably belonged to a professional at some point. I have some great memories of playing it, and though I haven’t played in years, I still have it tucked away.
10. If money was no object, where would you go and how long would you stay?
I’ve typed and re-typed the answer to this question so many times now, I’m just going to give up! There’s really no one place I would go to, because there’s just so much to see and do in the world. I suppose, if money (and time) were no object, I would spend a few years travelling all over the world.
11. What is the best thing about you?
I’d like to think that I’m quite determined (some would say stubborn), and that once I get it into my head to do something, I don’t give up easily. That’s coming in handy now, as a blogger!
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
Here are the bloggers I’d like to nominate for this award, and the reason/s why I think they deserve it. You should definitely take a look at their blogs, too!
- Ford and Shannon at Oak + Lavender (@OakandLavender), for their simple, fun, and health-conscious content.
- Sophie at Luggage Tags & Ticket Stubs (@luggagetagsblog), for her funny, quirky style and her honesty in dealing with a painful health condition.
- Laura and Matt at Two Stay Wild (@twostaywild), for their witty content and spectacular photographs, and for using their love for the outdoors for good.
- Tiffany and Tom at Epicurean Expats (@epicureanexpats), for their obvious love for good food and wildlife.
- Kacie at Sightseeker (@sightseekerKC), for her simple and open style, for being an animal lover, and for having a lot of the same opinions as I do!
- Charmaine at Bunny Hop Travels (@bunnyhoptravels), for inspiring other young travellers to see the world.
- Georgia at Travels of a Wheelchair (@WheelTraveller), for cheerfully zooming around the world in her wheelchair, and encouraging others to do so, too.
- Jenny at TravelLynn Family (@travelynnfamily), for her fun content, and for breaking the mould (together with her husband) to travel the world full-time with their two young kids.
- Mara at Vacations with Mom (@Vacations_w_mom), for her inspiring stories of travelling with her nonagenarian mom, and for creating a space for others to tell their stories of travelling with elderly parents.
- Sari and Maya at Chasing Lenscapes (@ChaseLenscapes), for their brilliant photographs, their evident love for good food, and the infectious enthusiasm of their content.
- Imran at Uncomplicated Cooking (@uncomplicatedcook), for his brilliant but simple recipes that anyone can cook at home.
My questions for my nominees
- Who is your inspiration as a blogger?
- What is your favourite cuisine?
- If you could be absolutely anything (besides a blogger), what would you be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite topic to write about?
- Which colour tone do you prefer in the photographs you include in your blog?
- What is your favourite kind of travel destination?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you most like to be?
- What are your ways of getting through unproductive times of the day?
- Which kinds of music do you find most inspiring?
- What is your favourite way of staying active?
Rules for Sunshine Blogger Award nominees
To keep the good vibes going, nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award need to follow a few rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the blogger award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/and or your blog.
Thanks for reading! Here’s hoping you’ll come back for more soon!